Home Forums Pianobook Free samples for budding samplists (and a small shameless plug)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Howdy,

Let’s get the shameless plug out of the way. I’m the developer of a sample-based instrument for the KONTAKT Free Player called Synthetic Materials and I’ve just released an update that supports loading your own samples. As part of my promotional efforts, I’ve been making / re-cycling samples and creating demos.

I had plans to also make these instruments available here, but I’m not sure when I can get round to doing that. So I got to thinking…

Most samplists will probably tell you that the actual sampling bit is the most time-consuming and if you’re just getting into being a samplist, maybe it’s handy to have some raw materials to practice with using your sampling platform of choice.

If that sounds remotely interesting, you can download the samples (totally royalty-free) and get an idea of what they sound like here:

Waverley Instruments – Sample Downloads

While I’ve mainly designed these for use in my own instrument, there’s nothing stopping you from loading them into Decent Sampler, Logic etc.

Please note – there are no round robins or velocity layers and notes are all Cs and F#s (there’s a method in the madness…). And of course, you can ignore the snapshots if you’re making your own instruments.

If you decide to make an instrument and upload it here, all I ask is you credit the source of the samples as Waverley Instruments, and please let me know – I’d love to hear what you do!

And… on the off-chance you’re interested in Synthetic Materials, please get in touch and I’ll organise some kind of discount / special offer for the pianobook community. Hopefully that makes the shameless plug a bit less shameless.

Also, if you recognise a couple of the instruments in the link above, that’s because I submitted them here a while back under the guise of moodscaper 😉

Finally, if you were on the composers walk in Edinburgh last year, you may have already being subjected to some clumsy self-promotion – apologies for that!

All the best, and greetings from Edinburgh. -Rob

Gary Ruschman
    Participant

Thanks for the access to the samples, lots of fun and useful sounds I’m hearing in the demos!

Thanks Gary! I also mentioned a cheeky discount:

SYNTHMAT25

With this code folks can get 25% off Synthetic Materials at checkout at Loot Audio. It will expire at the end of the month. It’s really for pianobook peeps, so please don’t share far and wide 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.