Forum posts deleted?

Home Forums Pianobook Forum posts deleted?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A post I published here just yesterday apparently got deleted. I did not receive any notification about the erasure of my post or the reasons involved.

My post contained links to a forum thread over at KVR, where users have created mappings for – among others – two Pianobook instruments in the free and open .sfz format.

I cannot see how such a contribution would violate any part of the Pianobook etiquette?

What are the reasons for the deletion (if it wasn’t due to an auto-delete / algorithmic misidentification)?

Participant

Hey, the same thing happened to a post I made that specifically promoted a community project I launched to build a collaborative library for Pianobook. The only external link was to the launch video, nothing offensive and no commercial promotion or anything. It was deleted without notice. I am clueless as to what was inappropriate about it as it was exactly about what I assumed to be the whole spirit of Pianobook. Maybe the forum rules that determine these deletions could be made transparent? Or is this indeed an algorithmic thing?

Participant

I’ve had the same thing. I posted a link to a template I have made for Pianobook.

It was made to make things easier for users who don’t have much experience with scripting or sampling.

A selection of FX and volume, AHDSR controls where included so all the user had to do was drag and drop the samples and they were good to go.

I’m wondering if it is automatically deleted if it contains links.

Participant

Let’s see if this works….

• https://www.dropbox.com/s/xsg8fnf5rqstjg6/Matthew%20Jones%20-%20Pianobook%20Template%20V1.zip?dl=0
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by AvatarMatthewJones.
Participant

So the first post I made contained a link outside of the < l i >< /l i> code. That one didn’t post. But when I included the link in the < l i > < /l i > code, it posted. If you press the li button between ‘ol’ and ‘code’ it seems to work. It’s most likely an automatic thing?

Participant

Okay, then I guess it must be some auto-detection, spam-filter issue. I guess we have to use this [li] button

Participant

That’s good to know, thanks for taking the time to find out what the problem was!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instagram

Follow Pianobook