So from today on, I learned about Pianobook from the VI-Control website.
They mentioned the FamilyGrand and Wintervoices free download and that is
what I did.
But by opening FamilyGrand in K6 (full version), I got a picture of
“Autumn Piano” containing view of some piano-strings and also a number .605 on it (?).
No idea where this is coming from as the used .png file is not even;within the FG
library. The skin is also different mentioning “Dry”, “Slate” and “Tape”, with no
slider under “Slate”. I cannot even find this exact picture on my computer.
Hmm, probably some other library is disturbing with an identical file name?
I searched my Mac from top to bottom, all disc’s and no doubles on the
“Template_Skin_with_Mic_Levels.png” file found on any of them.
Also no .png file remotely resembling this Autumn Piano image.
I have exactly the same issue! If I run the NKI diretly from my downloads folder on my macbook, the skin is fine. If I run it directly from the folder I want to keep it in on an SSD, or from Kontakt, or from Kontakt inside Logic I get the same issue as you. Some clash with a library called Autumn Strings?
I thought someone at Pianobook admin had mixed up their downloadable files, but no-one else seems to be mentioning this issue.
I have no problems with the skin on my MacBook Pro (MacOS 10.15.7) but when I load this .nki instrument it doesnt play any sound. In fact, it hangs Kontakt 6 (latest per Native Access). Other instruments and libraries work fine here. This is weird. How can we get some help with this?
Think I figured my issue out – Kontakt 6 memory server doesn’t seem to “like” this library / instrument. I disabled it, and upon re-starting Kontakt, it’s fine and working now. Odd that none of my other libraries seem to have any issues with that being enabled. Whatever!
I feel like I need some Kontakt training – maybe time to spend a half-day on Youtube watching some tutorials… 😉
Make sure when you’ve unzipped the download that you copy across everything into a Family Grand folder. If you do not have the samples and resources folders within Family Grand, it won’t display the Family Grand correctly but the Autumn skin mentioned by others…
Alan, thank you so much for pointing that out again, I misread his mail ar first: I closed memory server and Kontakt, but did not de-activate in the settings… after that, I had also lighting fast loading, BTW.
Yes, in Kontakt go into Options, Memory, and uncheck Enable Memory Server and then restart Kontakt (or your host). Sounds like you figured it out. 😉 Glad it worked for you – I haven’t had any libraries behave like this before, but like I said, I’m no Kontakt “guru”.
I purchased Kontakt recently (and deleted my old less-than-legit version I’m happy to say). As much as I do not like Kontakt and NI’s somewhat stale Komplete bundle, I’d like to NOT miss out on certain amazing libraries/instruments such as these. In fact, I now own Komplete as well though it is not my favorite “piece of kit”.
I would love it if there were a Spitfire Labs type version of these PianoBook instruments (or even UVI Workstation) that doesn’t rely on Kontakt at all. Decent Sampler is okay but seems pretty, uh, “Spartan”. 😉 The main issue for me and I think lots of people these days is the UI size of Kontakt is not scalable and is TINY. On a 4K monitor it causes all kinds of problems trying to scale things and not ruin the look of your other stuff. On a multi-monitor setup, you can reduce the resolution of one just for older plugins but MAN what a PITA. Anyway, if NI would just UPDATE KONTAKT to address this (and help their library owners update their artwork to scale / etc), it would be GREAT and I for one wouldn’t be bitching about it.
I moved all files in another folder named “family grand” : same result
Opening from within Kontakt or not : same result
I keep getting the wrong skin and cannot find anything within my libraries that is
called Autumn Piano or has this picture or whatever. The sounds are ok, so not
a problem, just annoying.
I just discovered that midi-learn also gets weird. I wanted both mic positions mapped
to 2 rotary encoders on my S61MK2 and I get only one to work (last one I add).
Tried with some other libraries of different origin and all work fine.