Do not use : or / in your filenames please

Home Forums Pianobook Do not use : or / in your filenames please

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello Creators,

And thank you very much for developping libraries for us all.

If you’re intent on making them as universal as possible, please use a limited set of characters for all your filenames.

Especially on macOs, where depending on GUI or command line, you can create filenames with / or : which are guaranteed to cause problems on Windows.

Cheers,
    Cedric

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Has this happened with any files found that you have downloaded from Pianobook ?

I don’t remember it happening, although I haven’t downloaded stuff that appears to be the same as previous files (such as ‘Joshua Meltzer selects’).

Richard FerrandoRichard Ferrando
    Participant

Yes there are some Pianobook downloads which have had this issue. I posted about it back in May.

Quick note regarding file naming

bo dinbo din
    Participant

I’ve downloaded everything on the site (since May) but don’t recall this particular issue.

I’m on Windows and after unzipping the file, the first thing I do is delete the _MACOSX folder. As far as I’m aware that shouldn’t make any difference though, so long as you load or navigate to the Windows files.

Anyway, some specific examples might help (the file with the issue and whether you sorted it out by renaming perhaps) and then we can try and figure it out if necessary and contact the creator, though doing it via this forum or site is pot luck really.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook