Demo version? and saving in Kontakt?

Home Forums Pianobook Demo version? and saving in Kontakt?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there,

I have the full version on Kontakt 6. I have downloaded a few of these libraries and I’m able to use them through the “files” section of the Kontakt player but it says “DEMO” in red at the top of the sample library, is there a way to get the full version?

I also can’t seem to figure out how to save them in my “libraries” tab in Kontakt to easily access them, is there any way to do this? I’ve tried to add it into my database through instructions seen on this forum, but that didn’t seem to work.

Thanks!

Participant

Hi Lora

Generally, if ‘Demo’ is displayed (and possibly instruments cease to function after 15 minutes) you may be using the Kontakt Player.

Might be worth checking your shortcut. Although it isn’t beyond the realms of possibility that Kontakt has screwed up. It’s not perfect – not by a long way.

I read just now about a method of adding folders to the library list database in the Forum posts. Haven’t tried it myself yet, I’m not sure it’s much better than using the Files function. If you have time on your hands, that’s a way to occupy yourself for a while.

I create ‘Multi’ groups and save them to the Quick Load box, as well as individual instruments. Works well enough for me. I’ve already got too many tabs in the Library section.

Kurt

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Hi Lora,

Lets start at the beginning. Which version do you have ?

Essentially the full version of Kontakt 6 must be purchased to use it.

The Player version is the free version that allows you to trial the features and will time out for nearly all free 3rd party libraries after 15 minutes, unless the library creator purchases a license from NI (which apparently is not cheap).

Participant

Hi Thanks for your help, so I have the full version of Kontakt 5 (not 6, I was mistaken) Does it need the latest upgrade of Kontakt 6 to function?

Thanks!

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Hmmm, I wasn’t expecting that !

If you open Kontakt 5 and click on the NI logo near the top right corner it will tell you which version you have. The last version was 5.8.1 (R43), you should be able to update to 5.8.1 from any older version of K5 for free. But you would have to buy an upgrade to get K6.

However, you should be able to load say, Otwin Campfire guitar by Johannes Menzel (8th day of Christmas offering). If that comes up as Demo, I think maybe you have reinstalled K5 but haven’t re-authorized it via Native Access.

btw, any purchased libraries might possibly need registering/authorizing via NI’s Native Access which should be on your desktop or they may say Demo on them.

See if you can figure out what’s happening, and if any of this info points to the issues you are having.

Participant

Hey Bo din, thanks for your response

So I have version 5.8.1 (R43) for my full version of Kontakt 5. When I try to open the “flannel piano” library from piano books from the database tab in Kontakt 5, the error message I get is :Your version of Kontakt is too old to load this file.
    Please update to the latest version.

Am I suppose to be registering piano books libraries in Native Access?

Thanks!

bo dinbo din
    Participant

No, that message specifically indicates that you need a more recent version of Kontakt to load that library and as 5.8.1 is the final K5, that library will only work with K6.

Instruments that load in Kontakt 5.8.1 in the forum lists all the libraries on Pianobook that will play in 5.8.1 without any limitation or showing Demo.

Hope that gives you plenty to go on.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by bo dinbo din.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by bo dinbo din.
    Participant

oooh I see! Okay great, I will check out that forum thread.

Any idea on how to save the libraries into the “libraries” tab of kontakt?

Thanks so much!

bo dinbo din
    Participant

I have posted about that elsewhere in the last fortnight, I’ll have to find it…..

SAVING PIANOBOOK INSTRUMENTS/LIBRARIES IN TO KONTAKT

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Sorry there aren’t any clickable links, I’ve given up trying now.

It’s not conducive to spontaneous discussion.

Participant

There are two versions of Kontakt. The “full” version you need to pay for and the free one, also called player. Developers pay a lot of money to Native Instruments to have their instruments appear under the Library section of Kontakt. The reason for doing this is that the instrument then is copy protected through serial numbers. Player version will only play instruments that has gone through this authorization process. To play instruments from the “file” section of Kontakt you need the full version. After 15 years with Kontakt I would say that the file section + the favorite section is a far better way of finding/loading instruments than the Library section. The library section takes up much more space and after a while it gets very crowded with instruments and a lot of scrolling is needed. So my advice is just to forget about the “need” of having instrumens appear in the Library section. You may find it “pretty” to have a small graphic indication of the instrument in the Library sectionn, but you WILL grow tired of that scrolling if Library section is filled up.

Up to Kontakt 4 there is a way of converting a file instrument to a library instrument. You need photoshop or something similar to make the wallpapeers, a small free program that creates the file needed in Kontakt, and the sample files. With that you can create any sample library to a Library Kontakt (4) instrument. Kontakt 4 will run parallell with 5 and 6. Before my Library section got crowded I turned a lot of instruments into Libraries for Kontakt and I still have access to them in Kontakt 4 even if I have upgraded to Kontakt 6. And…. the same instruments will appear under the file section of Kontakt 6.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook