DecentSampler Family Piano

Home Forums Pianobook DecentSampler Family Piano

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to this community and I’m having trouble downloading the Family Piano samples for Decent Sampler. I get the preset files but not library files. Am I doing something wrong, or not know how to work these samples with IOS? Any help will be gratefully received.

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Hi James,

Welcome to Pianobook !

I think you mean Family Grand.
    There are libraries called; “Family Piano” and the “Family Piano Pads” which don’t have dspresets available.

EDIT: I just saw that you mention IOS. That’s some sort of applemac stuff.

The rest of my reply relates to Windows 10. End of EDIT:

All the files for the Family Grand are in the single download; 657490_FamilyGrand_ChristianHenson.zip

I think you need to have a decentsamples account (which is quick to sign up to and free) to be able to run Decent Sampler.

Open Decent Sampler and then click on File.. and navigate to wherever the folder is that contains the .dspresets you have to load.
    It takes a second or two to load and should show you a message that says;

Depending on the size of the sample library, loading may take a while. Click anywhere outside this window when loading completes.

However, the message is at the top of the list of files and isn’t immediately obvious.

So, Click anywhere outside this window when loading completes.

If you keep all your dspreset instruments in a main folder, it appears to automatically find them all for you after you have set that as a preference, which it ask you anyway.

Let us know how you get on.

Slightly off topic
    We discover that both the Family Grand and the Autumn Piano are essentially from the same mould. And may be at the bottom of an issue discussed in this thread; Family Grand and Kontakt 6

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by bo dinbo din.
    bo dinbo din
    Participant

and you can report any issues to to the decentsamples site.

Participant

Thanks for reply bo din, yes I meant Family Grand, thanks for putting me right. IOS is Apple’s operating system for mobile devices and Christian has said that he’s making samples available to these devices to be used with the DecentSamples app. The Winter Voices samples work perfectly with this system/app and sound fantastic. The app asks for dslibrary samples which Winter Voices has. No such thing in the Family Grand download. Thanks for letting me know where to report any issues. Maybe I’ve misunderstood and this pack is just for desktop devices.

Participant

Latest version of DecentSampler on Windows also has trouble loading the Family Grand. It won’t finish the loading process. Probably has to do with the monolithic format again? Is there a way to abort a failed loading process in Decent Sampler?

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Windows 10 Home
    21H1
    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

Decent_Sampler-1.0.10

657490_FamilyGrandV3_ChristianHenson.zip (downloaded file)

Family Grand (Binaural).dspreset
    Family Grand (Stereo).dspreset
    Family Grand.dspreset

all load without issues here in the standalone version and as a 64bit VST3 plugin in FL Studio 20.8.3.2034

The nki loads in Kontakt 6 and the sfz versions load in sforzando, again without issue on a quick run out.

Participant

I deleted the library, re-downloaded the latest version and now it works flawlessly (Windows, DecentSampler 1.0.10). Don’t know what went wrong before. Thanks for checking!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook