DecentSampler editor tool

Home Forums Pianobook DecentSampler editor tool

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I very quickly threw together a tool for creating and editing DecentSampler presets which I think some people here may find helpful! It’s not a perfect tool, I only spent a week on it, but it could help speed up creation for some people!

https://github.com/llamao/decentdesigner

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Interesting first post Mr stuff,

I’m not shy at trying things out but I am used to an exe file or a desktop icon, so my question is how do I launch this ?
    I downloaded the zip file decentdesigner-main.zip (79.1MB)

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by bo dinbo din. Reason: Icelandic volcano gave me the jitters
    Participant

Download the release version! DecentDesigner1.zip!
    https://github.com/llamao/decentdesigner/releases/tag/1

bo dinbo din
    Participant

There you go, you are officially ungitted !

I end up on git hub about every three or four months perhaps and sometimes I can make sense of it, and other times I just think; “Sod this, no wonder there are only two people using it, the developer and the only visitor who could find the download”.

Thanks Mr stuff.

nativevsnativevs
    Participant

That’s an interesting use of Unity; never thought of using a game engine to make life easier in such a way.

Participant

That’s an interesting use of Unity; never thought of using a game engine to make life easier in such a way.

haha, I only really chose to use it because I already know my way around it and it’s UI stuff is somewhat good. I’m sure there are many better ways of doing this, but for something which is essentially a prototype I thought why not get it done quickly (:

Participant

There is also a new player that can play both SFZ (*.sfz) and Decent Sampler (*.dspreset)
    https://sfz.tools/sfizz/downloads

If you are interested.
    It includes an sfz opcode: image=
    that Sforzando does not support for background images.

Participant

this is so cool, im about to download it, thank you! I’ve been looking for a way to do this since I have no idea about coding or making presets for DS, can you make an instrument and all the other extras in this?

Participant

oh also do they both work on mac?

Participant

I have no idea about coding or making presets for DS

I would still reccomend reading a little bit of the documentation, which is linked in the github – and also read some of what i’ve written there myself because it explains a little bit about how to use it, it’s intuitive enough for me but I made it and I have not spent 1 second on r&d so I don’t know how other people get on with it.

can you make an instrument and all the other extras in this?

I had planned on creating an editor for UI & effects, but I have had a lot of higher priority things to do. You’re still welcome to create a UI with text of course, the files it generates are exactly the same as anything you’d write by hand.

do they both work on mac

source is available, so in theory if you have a mac and Unity 2020.2.6f1 you should be able to run the project just fine, and compile it to use without running unity first. same for linux. DecentSampler is available for windows, mac and linux too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook