Home Forums Pianobook Decent Sampler and multi out is this something we will ever see?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eoin O’Dowd
    Participant

Would be absolutely great to see it although i have no idea how decent sampler works underneath other than it’s just a JUCE based plugin. I recently in the last year have been building something with HISE audio and while it’s great the main problem is it has to be compiled and maintained for each OS (mac,win,linux) and plugin type not to mention you have to pay apple and avid – this is something Decent Sampler resolves.
    I recently noticed we have drop down box component in decent sampler so would it be possible to recompile Decent Sampler with multi-track output by default for example 16 out(most DAWs ask if you want single or to create the full multi 16 stereo output) that can be selected from the dropdown box or even just in xml?

PlugInguru
    Participant

Decent Sampler is a single instrument player so I’m not sure how this would be set up… if you have a menu with lots of different hits then you could use 2 or 3 tracks in your DAW for the different elements that need treated differently. But I think an interface that lets you adjust the output of each sample would be very difficult to implement. All speculation and personal opinion.

Eoin O’Dowd
    Participant

You’re possibly correct. As i remember with hise audio (JUCE based also but a bit different) i had to have a new sampler instance for each track out. and adjust based on a combobox drop down by number so 1-32 predefined on each combobox and depending on what was selected the user could route out to any of the created tracks on the fly.

Sid
    Participant

I think saying “just a JUCE based plugin” is a bit harsh. Juce is not exactly easy to learn, for one, and designing an incredible multi-platform sampler that is so easy for novices to use to create sampler instruments is remarkable. And Free… There is a reason practically nobody uses HISE. In no time, DecentSampler has become nearly as popular as SFZ due to its beautiful design and ease of use.

As for your request, that request was made over on the DecentSampler Q&A page:
    https://www.decentsamples.com/qa/69/feature-request-multi-output-plugin

Apparently it is coming.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.