Home Forums Pianobook Converting a Kontakt Instrument to Play with a Roli Seaboard MPE Controller

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    IceLocus
    Participant

Excuse my excited nerdiness, but I just figured out how to take modify a Kontakt instrument to be playable on a Seaboard. It’s super easy, you just have to create a multi-instrument with several duplicate instances on your single Kontakt instrument, all on different MIDI channels. In my case, I took my Millpot DroneSpace sound and modified it such that the key glide controls the filter cutoff frequency and I cranked up the pitch bend. So now each note has independent pitch bend and filter controls. It’s so much fun! Here’s a link of some one hand seaboard mashing I just did this evening on my drone sound.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBrOpd6hKcz/

darko kutchutozov
    Participant

OMG get out of my head! Wanted one so bad till I just saw the experssive e “osmose” .. Same thing tho , imagine controlling xfades on string samples etc … I want it so bad!

IceLocus
    Participant

Darko, I just checked out that keyboard you’re taking about. It looks pretty cool, but I should look away before I blow all my money on gear. Hahaha!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.