Considering Dipping my Toes in Modular

Home Forums Pianobook Considering Dipping my Toes in Modular

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone here have experience in modular synthesis? What should know before I go down this rabbit hole?

I have a semi modular Moog Grandmother, and have been having fun learning about patches. Now I’ve been going on the Modular Grid website, and I saw this super cool module I’d love to try.

arbhar

Participant

Since posting the above, I went down the rabbit hole of learning more about modular before I plop down money to build a rig.

I found a couple good books that I’ve started reading: “Patch & Tweak” and “A Guide to Modular Worlds”. I know about VCV racks and started playing around in Reaktor, but I found this super fun app called “Hexen” for learning modular on Android!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.silicondroid.hexen

I’ve also bought some Bandcamp albums and started listening to the music of artists like Richard Devine (mad scientist) and Lisa Bella Donna (unbelievably amazing)!

Enjoy!

Participant

Well, it only took well over a year after seeing Christian playing with his modular synth, but I finally started learning. This is my first modular patch using VCV Rack. Next up integrating sampling into modular!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook