Can I make a sampled instrument without Kontakt?

Home Forums Pianobook Can I make a sampled instrument without Kontakt?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello to the Pianobook community, I’m very new to sampling and stuff, and I hope someone could clrear my dpubt.
    Is it a way to make a sampled instrument without using Kontakt? Like using freeware such as decent sampler and such, I’m broke by the moment, but I still feel the need to return something to this community, to start in this world of sampling in one way or another, I’m all up for suggestions or commentaries, and thanks for taking the time to read me. 🙂

Participant

Yes:

Participant

Hi Daniel

I think that is not the same situation, but I am converting samples from sfz/sf2 to Decent Sampler and I am using Sforzando and sfZed to prepare all, and a text editor to modify some values following the DS specification.

I prepare the dspreset/dslibrary files, and confirm that all is ok with the Decent Sampler standalone app.

Take in account that sfZed is for Windows only, so I am doing all this on Windows.

I am going to follow this thread to be informed if someone share his/her experience with this.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Jorge

Participant

Talking about sfZed in my previous message, I add here the web page of this program (here).

You will find the download link there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook