March 28, 2020 at 8:04 pm #7143hodnettParticipant
great sounding library, but download seems corrupted.
up-zipping gives a “32 bit overflow in headers” warning and kontakt says “NOISE_15” wavs are missing.March 29, 2020 at 7:03 am #9118Maximilian KisbiroParticipant
I can´t even open the .zip
roughly translated from german:
“Folder can´t be opened.
The zip-compressed folder “C:\…..” is invalid.”
I don´t know if repackaging and reuploading is an option?
MaxMarch 29, 2020 at 2:32 pm #10743ConnerParticipant
Interesting, it worked okay on my end. Could you guys or others with the same / similar issues give us some info about your rig / specs?
what OS (looks like maybe windows), kontakt version, daw, etc.
I didn’t create this instrument but it may be helpful to the one who did to see this kind of information for bug testing.March 30, 2020 at 8:36 am #13329Maximilian KisbiroParticipant
I also had this problem with the bagpipe-instruments after the competition and conteacted christian about this but it never got resolved.
I tried winrar and 7zip.
I use win10x64 (Build 1809)
4×8 Gb Kingston 2333 MHz ram; i7 7820x on a EVGA x 299 UD (rev.1) – motherboard and a EVGA GTX 1070 ti.
Storage is a Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb and a 970 Evo 500GB. Main Interface is RME FF UCX with latest drivers.
Don´t know, if DAW-/Kontakt-version is improtant.. I do not get to the point where this matters. BUT
Cubase 10.5 Pro and Kontakt 6. Latest version of both.March 30, 2020 at 10:23 pm #16159ConnerParticipant
Yeah, true: In this case DAW / version shouldn’t be important, those are just my general guidelines for troubleshooting tech issues on here lolApril 21, 2020 at 1:18 pm #89044Kirsten EvansParticipant
So I was the one who made Broken Strings. I am sorry for the slow follow up, this was the first time I decided to go back through the forum so it was fortuitous that I came across this thread. Thank you all for bringing it up!
I was not sure how to go about updating the instrument in the Pianobook database so I have submitted a new file and we can see what happens. In regards to the problem itself, I am not sure what was wrong. I have resample everything so it should all be 48kHz and 24 bit but if there are still problems after this I would really appreciate it if you could maybe post again and I will take another look. Perhaps I am saving them wrong or getting mixed up somewhere.
The fact that I only happened to come across this thread got me thinking… Perhaps a new idea for the community would be to have a method of communication between members to bring these problems up with the instrument builders themselves. It could just be a simple bug report, more or less. We could develop a tick box feedback system that lists the common problems. The selected issue is then sent to the developer to fix. We would be interacting directly rather than eventually bombarding those monitoring the Pianobook site with notifications of problems they themselves cannot fix. Hopefully this way issues will be not be missed as easily and problems fixed faster.
There could be a separate dropbox folder that only updates are submitted to. Of course all files will need to be vetted still, hence still going through dropbox, but by separating the new instruments from the updates those monitoring the site might be able to prioritise uploads in the way they feel is most appropriate and efficient. Once the update has been uploaded, the instrument page could encompass a line of text stating which version of the instrument is now available and when this update occurred.
This type of system could potentially alleviate some of the pressure from those monitoring the site by allowing the community to take over any ‘bug catching’ responsibilities.
By restricting the ‘bug report’ to a tick box system we could limit the opportunity for misconduct. Also, we could quickly identify more areas that the community struggle with when developing. The data collected might help Christian/ the site developers/ other members of the community to develop more teaching materials for those who wish to make kontakt instruments, and help the community to curve the number of times these bugs appear in future uploads.
For the instrument builder receiving the ‘bug report’ it would be important not to overwhelm them with multiple notifications of the same error. It is also important for instrument builders to be able to determine between user error and problems with the instrument or files. Perhaps it is possible to build a basic analytics page for each member who has uploaded an instrument that shows an overview of their contributions. The page would be a directory which displays a running total for the number of bug reports received regarding their instruments. The running total(s) will correspond to the types of bugs reported via the tick box system which are then separated between instrument. Instrument builders would not need to receive notifications each time a bug was reported but could receive them periodically, potentially at a rate decided by them.
More importantly, this process might help the community to feel even more connected. We would have a more direct support system for each member. We can still discuss more complex issues in the forum like we have done so far, but we can also tailor feedback to those building instruments, helping personal development and creating a better catalogue for everyone to access.
These are only suggestions!! Just something to think about during the lockdown really… I apologise if I am simply repeating something someone else has already said!
Thank you again for your feedback on my instrument. These are my first ones so it is exciting to know that people are downloading them, let alone having opinions on them!April 21, 2020 at 9:07 pm #90394Bob EllisParticipant
You have my vote on your suggestion Kirsten.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.