Birdcage Piano

Home Forums Pianobook Birdcage Piano

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everyone!

I really love the sound of the Birdcage Piano and downloaded the Kontakt 6 version. However, I get an error message saying that 60 files are missing and when I continue anyways, it opens the Birdcage Piano as a demo version and won’t play at all. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I have an up-to-date Kontakt player so I don’t know why it’s in demo mode. I’m a newbie in the virtual instrument world, so problem solving technical issues is not my forté.
    I’d appreciate any help. Thanks!

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Kontakt Player is a free version of Kontakt that is really a demo version so you can decide whether to buy it or not.

The Player version comes with 50 instruments from NI that have no restriction.

Kontakt Player has a time limit on libraries of 15 minutes unless the author of the library purchases a license from Native Instruments that allows full access to that library. The license can be very expensive and few people, if any, making libraries for free will want to part with their cash to remove the time limit just for the users of the free Player version.

Of course those of us with the full version of Kontakt don’t have this issue.

Now about those 60 missing samples.
    Use Browse For Folder and navigate to the main folder called “Matthias Baden – The Birdcage_Kontakt
    Then click on OK
    That should load all the samples and get you playing.

I’m not sure you can save the settings for future use with the Player, so you’ll probably have to do this every 15 minutes.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by bo dinbo din.
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, Bo Din!

Sorry, I should have paid more attention to what I had said about Kontakt. I have already purchased the full Kontakt version…which is why I was confused as to how the birdcage piano library appears as demo. I will try to find the 60 missing samples by following your advice.
    Thanks!

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Righty oh !

We all have to start somewhere. Don’t hesitate to ask for help.

If you do get the Birdcage samples to load, it will be almost instantaneous and the keys will turn light blue.
    Then you can use ‘Save as’ to store it so that it loads correctly next time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook