AutumnPiano, FamilyGrand and ClaustrophobicPiano working OK

Home Forums Pianobook AutumnPiano, FamilyGrand and ClaustrophobicPiano working OK

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I installed these in Ubuntu Studio 20.04 using linux Reaper to host
    DecentSampler vst3i.

Tried replying to David Johnsons topic, but I get 403 errors when trying to be helpful.
    Spitfire or _someone_ should just set up a real forum, even if just an ongoing pianobook topic
    where excellent working communications exist, and get great usage, such as gearspace,
    thegearpage, bandlab, kvr etc

This has been reported some time ago, with no response.
    A pity considering the myriad hours devoted to the sampling.
    Hope for better results down the road.
    Cheers

Participant

I unarchive each .zip file to it’s own folder, copy that folder to my
    linux setup’s /home/guildorf/Documents folder. When DecentSampler is loaded in Reaper,
    the individual instrument choices show up in Decent’s file browser, very handy.
    The M’bira has twelve to choose from, FamilyGrand has 3, etc

The AutumnPiano samples folder properties reports size is 4,457,267,200 bytes (on disk)
    (in case a download was off the rails)
    Cheers

bo dinbo din
    Participant

guildorf – glad you figured out how to sign in…… I haven’t been able to until I did it completely differently.

Or has it been partially sorted ? I did contact Christian who forwarded it to Stephen to have a look at.
    I will find out when I try to reply to your new topic.

We can sign in from the forum front page which will then allow us to reply but are no longer able to sign in from a reply.

The other thing I discovered was that you could download things without being signed in. So now I have to sign out to check if that is still the case.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by bo dinbo din.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by bo dinbo din.
    bo dinbo din
    Participant

OK, this time I signed in from the reply and it has worked, let’s hope that’s the end of the 403 saga.

The libraries can be downloaded without signing in, is that intended I wonder ?

bo dinbo din
    Participant

Ah, I see, I can reply to this thread, but cannot reply to David Johnsons (which is exactly what you said guildorf !)

Don’t forget that there is a new forum/site being readied for Pianobook. Christian mentions in a couple of videos.

Participant

Thanks for trying to reply to me. So I’m confused, those sample are working for you, or not? And this IS a known issue with Christian’s samples? I was able to get the Family Grand .sfz to play fine using sforzando as a workaround, but now that DS is really making progress (AAX support is great for us PT users), it would be nice to just use that instead. Trying to remember which sample player to use with which samples is a joy kill.

I was thinking of maybe messaging the user on here who converted all of the ESX24 samples to DS and see if he could somehow take a look at Christian’s DS files, to see if there is an easy fix to the coding?

Participant

Ok, so I just did some further troubleshooting and for some odd reason I think it may be macOS related on my end. My main rig is with Pro Tools on High Sierra and none of Christian’s .DS files work with any plugin format. AAX natively, AU/VST/VST3 with a wrapper, or Standalone. All my other Pianobook samples/.DS work fine.

Now, my laptop is running macOS Mojave and Christian’s samples work with DS in Standalone and AU in Logic 10. How strange is that? It seems highly unlikely that only his .DS files would give me trouble in macOS High Sierra, but this is the only thing I can think of.

And as I said above, I can get his .sfz files to work with sforzando in Pro Tools on macOS High Sierra, so there is something about his .DS files and High Sierra that doesn’t jive, or that’s what it appears to be.

bo dinbo din
    Participant

I’m on Windows and those libraries appear to load and sound OK in Decent Sampler v1.0.2
    What about Christians latest offering ? https://www.pianobook.co.uk/library/the-cool-piano/
    That also works.

Participant

I just tried The Cool Piano and no dice. That one actually takes quite a bit longer to load, but still no sound. It’s very strange that only his samples wouldn’t sound under macOS High Sierra. It makes no sense. I’ve opened up his .dspreset files in an editor and tried to compare to other user’s samples that are working and I can’t really see anything different, aside from spacing. I’ve also tried just loading the .dspreset and also compressing the folder to a .dslibrary extension. No difference. More than anything, I just want to know why this is happening. I have been in touch with David Hilowitz about other DS issues pertaining to AAX and Pro Tools, which is now sorted, but he never responded when I asked about my issue with Christian’s samples.

bo dinbo din
    Participant

It loads instantly in Kontakt and takes no more than two seconds in Decent Sampler here.

I’ve only just realised that all of these instruments sample files are all in monolith format, so perhaps they haven’t fully loaded when you start playing or worse – can’t load.

Test these Decent Sampler pianos which are also monolith format.
    BUTTER KNIFE UPRIGHT
    S.K.Y. FELT PIANO
    THE ROSE PIANO

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by bo dinbo din. Reason: Sunset is at about 15.49 on 21 December 2021 where I live
    Participant

Finally, someone who can explain what the issue is. Thank you. So now I have to figure out why High Sierra is playing into this because my beat up MacBook Pro running Mojave can use DS no problem.

bo dinbo din
    Participant
    Participant

bo din,
    Thanks for the link.
    “increase your buffer size in Preferences… window.”

That did the trick. I set the buffers all the way up.

Participant

Indeed, David Hilowitz got back to me and said the same thing. The thing is, I never even considered looking at disk streaming because I’ve always had the samples load to RAM. I just assumed that would be the better option, especially considering the libraries aren’t super heavy. Thanks bo din for the help. Now I can regain my sanity.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook