Anyone have Plans for an omnichord sample?

Home Forums Pianobook Anyone have Plans for an omnichord sample?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is the appropriate place to post, however I’ve just come across this website and it’s like a goldmine.

I saw the Kalimba samples on here and after trying to search for a free sample for months last year and giving up, seeing that you guys provided one sparked my hope for finding an omnichord sample too.

It’s an instrument ive loved but have been unable to get my hands on, as most resell for atleast $300 starting bid, it also seems pretty uncommon to have and it’s definitely not a standard instrument in a musicians household.

If anyone happens to have one and has plans or the ability to sample it, I would be forever greatful, please let me know!! It’s a beautiful instrument, All the best 🙂

Participant

Do you mean this?
    Omnichord

What an odd fun thing…

Participant

Exactly that one ! It’s weird isn’t it? I’m hoping since people on here have such vast and obscure instruments maybe they’ll come across one 🙂

Participant

There is an old (2010) $15 omnichord Kontakt library for this from Puremagnetik, call Ultrakord.

Ultrakord | An '80s Omnichord, Modernized

It also includes Ableton and Logic versions, around 120 meg each.
    It comes with 9 .nki variants, and the deeper you know Kontakt, the more fun you’ll have.
    Pressing a key strums one way, releasing it strums the opposite way.

To create useful chord-based song patterns from the parts, with the way they are laid out on the keyboard, you’ll want some little stickers you can apply to label the ones you’ll want to be playing, as they may be spread widely on the keyboard. When you press the Kontakt gui’s wrench icon upper-left of Kontakt gui, the full instrument control set appears. Using the Tune and Speed knobs helps dial in various candies. In the upper left of the expanded gui, by the word Source, there are two buttons, to choose among several ‘machines’, and some factory presets, altering playback accordingly, some of which are very interesting, some are noise. So taking notes and saving named presets will be lucky. Lots of effects are there to be added, amps, filters, stomps etc, and there will be 8 control dials for the instruments defaults.

There are also 30 or so loops in the Modules\Ultrakord-Apple-Loops folder, to use or modify or combine as desired, again, the gui’s wrench icon opens up possibilities, that may vary a bit
    as you try things out, not totally uniform or linear.

Well worth the price of a couple Starbucks and Carls Junior mood-modifiers.
    If experiments find two items you want to combine, right-click the second one
    and choose omni for midi to hear them. (apologies to Kontakt Masters, I am certainly not one, myself)
    I do have full Kontakt 6, so don’t know it fares in the Kontakt player. The free Guitar Rig
    version would certainly be useful for addon-effects throughout the pianobook.
    Cheers

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Avatarguildorf.
    Participant

That sounds amazing! However i don’t have the full kontakt is that the only thing it can be used in?

Participant

Native Instruments have developer fee structures in place so plugin authors pay more for official full Kontakt support. A lot of official and ‘unofficial’ releases will still load and play in the latest Kontakt Player of a given season, and require a restart/reload after each 15 minutes. (The other Native Instrument players will run 30 minutes before needing that) They also typically have a 50% off sale from Thanksgiving through New Years, so saving 1$ a day this spring/summer/fall for full Kontakt is a good option, and owning the full version will yield a further discount on their ‘Komplete’ colletions somewhere down the timeline should one be desired.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Avatarguildorf.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Avatarguildorf.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook