Am I “eligible” ?

Home Forums Pianobook Am I “eligible” ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey there !
    As you can probably tell, I’m really new here. This is an amazing website, lot of cool stuff!
    And I thought it would be great if I could drop some of my own creative work for others to enjoy… however I just can’t stop wondering: is my instrument worth putting here? Not that I’m unhappy with it, but how do I know if it will be accepted as a valuable resource for the community? I don’t want to waste people’s time (and mine either). And also, what’s the typical process “behind the scenes” when we upload something? How long can it take before it’s actually on the website? (assuming it ends up being accepted).

I’m conscious that there are a lot of questions, and I apologize in advance about that…
    Stay safe and take care everyone !

Regards,

Eddie

Marco IannelloMarco Iannello
    Participant

Everybody is more than welcome to upload and submit their instruments.

Instructions for contributing may be found here.

With regards to how long it takes before an instrument actually appears on the website, there is no specific time, it may depends also upon how many submissions have been made, but there is an instrument drop on every Friday

ConnerConner
    Participant

Hi Eddie! We’d love to hear your stuff and anyone is of course welcome to submit as everything here is for free anyway.

As Marco said, there are some fairly easy guidelines to help you out in figuring out how or what you want to contribute, but most of us deviate from this just a little bit for different various reasons.

That said if you are going to formally submit something, preferably it should be a sampler instrument that uses a common format, such as Kontakt, EXS, sfz, or ableton sampler, and include the audio samples as individual files too (Not samples baked into the format like Kontakt monolith or sf2). A story or some pictures about your creation would be awesome too!

If you’re still not sure we would love to help you out with more specific questions on the forum!

Cheers

Participant

Alright then! That’s great! I do use the sfz format by the way, since it’s the only one available to me. I’ll try to contribute to the best of my abilities!

Cheers

Marco IannelloMarco Iannello
    Participant

Great stuff, Eddie! Looking forward to your contributions!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook