Home Forums Pianobook Advice on Sampling Stringed Instruments

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I am just getting started on my sampling journey, and am hoping to get advice on the best way to tackle stringed instruments like guitars.

When there is more than one way to play the same note, is it best to use the different voicings as round robins? Is it best to avoid open strings as they sound quite different to the fretted strings, or is that all part of the magic?

Any hints and tips on sampling an acoustic guitar would be very much appreciated!

Thanks for your help!

Keith TheodosiouKeith Theodosiou
    Participant

I mate, I am very new to sampling too. The first instrument I sampled was my Epiphone Hummingbird but I did a very basic instrument. All I did was sample just the open strings. That sounds ok until you start going over the top E. I am going to try and sample it again this time I have decided to sample every note from bottom E to top E then carry on up the top E string.

I think though I might not use the open strings so apart from open bottom E, I will do A on the E string, D on the A string and so on so all the notes should sound the same.
    Well that’s what I am hoping.

Although I will sample the open strings so I can make two instruments then see what one sounds better. If the open strings version sound ok, then I will use that one.

What do you think?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.

Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.

Follow Pianobook