A big “thank you” to Da Fingaz/Marcus

Home Forums Pianobook A big “thank you” to Da Fingaz/Marcus

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    markusmarkus
    Participant

Browsing through the library, I find it incredible useful to have demos for all the instruments. And one name I see again and again is “Da Fingaz” who has done a load of very revealing demos.

Just want to say: Thank you, Marcus!

Marco IannelloMarco Iannello
    Participant

He is incredibly brilliant, and very helpful in showcasing the various sounds

Participant

His work is fantastic at showing _just_ the instrument. Although contextual work is helpful, sometimes I just want to hear the instrument, and he always fits that bill.

Participant

Wow. I’ve never paid attention the forum tab here. 🥺 After all these years, I didn’t even realize there was a forum. I usually get here, get the new sounds and get out.

Markus: Thank you for creating this thread. When I started doing Pianobook demos maybe 2 years ago, I never planned on doing this many. I was hoping to do maybe 50 and then move on. What ended up happening is I made “Pianobook demo” creation as part of my weekly schedule. LOL. Sometimes I would say I’ll do as many demos as I can within an hour or I’ll say I want to get 10 demos in today.

What makes it even more interesting is working around the Kontakt Player limitations (yes, I’m saving up for Kontakt Full or hoping to win a contest with Kontakt as a prize…. I enter a lot of contests LOL).

Thank you, Markus! Great name too!

Participant

Marco: Thank you! Sometimes I just start working on a demo without hearing how it sounds. I pick a tempo and key and hit record. I do sometimes have to start over if I realize a sound isn’t mapped out across the keyboard. LOL.

What’s even better is I can repurpose these demos; either building them out into full pieces or pitching them to other opportunities, or sending to producers to make a beat around. So many possibilities.

I figure since I’m not the best at creating sounds and apps, the least I can do is provide a demo.

Glad you find it helpful!

Participant

Zachary: Thank you! I also enjoy the contextual demos. I think I’ve created a handful of those too. Every once in a while, I come across a group of Pianobook sounds that I use to create a full demo. Even when I do those, I also share the individual sounds.

When I first started doing them, I also didn’t find many demos showcasing just the instrument so I took that as my main objective. LOL.

I’m glad the demos have been helpful for you!

Participant

If anyone is interested in the process I use. Here you go:

Marco IannelloMarco Iannello
    Participant

And many thanks for sharing your process behind your demo track making!

Participant

@marco: You’re welcome!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Follow Pianobook