Home Forums Pianobook Website Feedback Reply To: Website Feedback

Participant

Hi, I read a little and see a couple of people have already commented on the clumsy download process, but I have other issues with it.

As a software developer that’s been involved in the open source community for 20 years, I’m not a fan of the signups required to download.

Now, for Spitfire Labs I totally understand it. Spitfire is a commercial entity and a part of the tradeoff for getting Labs (which I love!) for free is getting onto the marketing list. I understand that, and I’ve been hooked into buying from a marketing email. I understand and appreciate that process.

But Pianobook is not supposed to be part of Spitfire’s marketing machine. It was designed to be a global sharing community project, and not an extension of Spitfire. As someone that’s contributed (in my own little way) I feel a bit cheated that now someone has to register to get what I intended for them to be able to get without strings. I think this new design goes totally against the spirit of what this was supposed to be.

It’d be really nice to see a simple downloads button on the instrument pages again, instead of this new format. In this day and age, people and their data are a sensitive matter, and in a sharing community that should not be a thing.

Instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.

Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.

Follow Pianobook