Home Forums Pianobook Every PianoBook library project Reply To: Every PianoBook library project

Darren PrescottDarren Prescott
Participant

Hey,

You can convert ESX24 libraries in Kontakt 5. Unfortunately I have read that this feature broke in Kontakt version 5.2 and it will crash your DAW if you try.

There is, however, still a way to get this to work. I’m afraid I only know how to do this on a Mac:

In order to enable the EXS24 to Kontakt conversion feature again you will need an older “kconvert.bundle” file. This is the file that does the converting and in later Kontakt versions it contains a bug.

If you have Kontakt 4 then you can find a working “kconvert.bundle” file in:

HD>Library>Application Support>Native Instruments>Kontakt 4

If so, go to Step 6 below…

Or, if you own Kontakt 5 then you should be able to download an older version here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/update-manager/?q=kontakt&t=updates

Just login and type Kontakt in the search field, then find “KONTAKT 5.1.0 Mac OS X Update”.

Once downloaded do this:

1. Expand the “Kontakt_5_510U_Mac.dmg”.
2. Right-click on “Kontakt 5 5.1.0 Installer Mac.mpkg” and choose “Show Package Contents”.
3. Navigate to Content>Packages, Right-click on “Kontakt 5 System Extensions.pkg” and choose “Show Package Contents”.
4. Double-click on “Archive.pax.gz”
5. A new Finder window should open up (in your Downloads folder) with folder “Native Instruments” and in that folder is a Kontakt 5 folder. In there is the file you need called “kconvert.bundle”.
6. Navigate to: HD>Library>Application Support>Native Instruments>Kontakt 5 and back up the newer “kconvert.bundle” (version 3.1.0.4) by copying it somewhere else.
7. Copy/replace the older “kconvert.bundle” (version 3.0.0.14) into HD>Library>Application Support>Native Instruments>Kontakt 5

Then it is simply a matter of dragging the EXS file from the Kontakt browser window into the Multi window. It should load and then you can save it as Kontakt instrument.

If you are on a Windows machine then it is worth trying to see if you can import EXS files.

I hope that helps.

Instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.

Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.

Follow Pianobook