Home Forums Pianobook Do Not Make The Same Mistakes I Did! Reply To: Do Not Make The Same Mistakes I Did!

Richard FerrandoRichard Ferrando
Participant

Of course, sir! To quote the immortal Dr. Emmett L. Brown, “The future is whatever you make it, so make it a good one.” Encouraging the young to follow their dreams is always a wonderful thing, as is advice from those who have learned by experience!

I guess I was speaking more as someone who has spent a lot of time looking back from what is, at best, the halfway point of my life, wishing I had made better decisions in my past, but at the expense of actually living in the present. I wasted an awful lot of time feeling discouraged over things I can’t change instead of being thankful for all that I do have, taking steps to achieve old goals now, and being ok with it if those goals need to change into something more realistic and practical.

Heck, that’s why I’m here. I gave up writing music 15 years ago, didn’t think I’d be able to turn the sounds in my head into reality. But I finally said “F— it. I want to try.” I might never learn all I need to know about composition. I might never be able to do it professionally. But I’m going to do whatever it takes to make the best-sounding failure I can. 😁

Cheers, sir!

Instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.

Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.

Follow Pianobook