Reply To: Do Not Make The Same Mistakes I Did!

Home Forums Pianobook Do Not Make The Same Mistakes I Did! Reply To: Do Not Make The Same Mistakes I Did!

Richard FerrandoRichard Ferrando
Participant

Of course, sir! To quote the immortal Dr. Emmett L. Brown, “The future is whatever you make it, so make it a good one.” Encouraging the young to follow their dreams is always a wonderful thing, as is advice from those who have learned by experience!

I guess I was speaking more as someone who has spent a lot of time looking back from what is, at best, the halfway point of my life, wishing I had made better decisions in my past, but at the expense of actually living in the present. I wasted an awful lot of time feeling discouraged over things I can’t change instead of being thankful for all that I do have, taking steps to achieve old goals now, and being ok with it if those goals need to change into something more realistic and practical.

Heck, that’s why I’m here. I gave up writing music 15 years ago, didn’t think I’d be able to turn the sounds in my head into reality. But I finally said “F— it. I want to try.” I might never learn all I need to know about composition. I might never be able to do it professionally. But I’m going to do whatever it takes to make the best-sounding failure I can. 😁

Cheers, sir!

Follow Pianobook