Home Forums Pianobook Say hello! (New Community Members Thread) Reply To: Say hello! (New Community Members Thread)

Participant

Hi everyone,

my name is Riccardo, from Trieste, Italy. I got my BMus in Classical Guitar in 2015, after which I kind of dropped music for a while as I was concentrating on other things. Last year I decided I wanted to make music my main focus in life, so I started an MMus in Film Scoring in London (London College of Music), which I recently completed.

I had been writing short guitar compositions when I was younger, and had been struggling in recent years to find an idiom, style or if you will, a personal voice, in which to express myself musically. Studying film music really enabled me to explore different genres, and I hugely enjoyed orchestrating and bringing additional dimensions to simple musical ideas.

On this journey I discovered the power of samples. First, as an essential modern tool for the study and practice of composition and orchestration. Then, I started appreciating the amount of expressiveness, depth and colour that samples can add, when used in a not strictly realistic way. I think Pianobook is a microcosmos that embodies this duality: from the detailed and real life Piano instruments, to all the warped, mashed and mangled beauty of pads and more sound-design oriented entries.

As I’m just starting out as a media composer, my portfolio is virtually zero, but I’m very excited about some upcoming opportunities. I guess it’s a steep hill to walk up, but all we can do do is be optimistic and open-minded!

Cheers to all,

Riccardo

Instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.

Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.

Follow Pianobook