Reply To: Website Feedback

Home Forums Pianobook Website Feedback Reply To: Website Feedback

ConnerConner
Participant

Hi! Back to re-evaluate, a couple more things:

I agree with others above, I wish there was a way to view the entire pianobook library / catalogue at once. Today the number of instruments updated to 227 from 225, but I don’t see any new instruments and it’s a little bit weird to have to manually search by individual categories rather than just easily scroll down the whole list chronologically as it was.

Another thing, it seems like we have to have our posts approved if they contain a link? This seems like good merit in practice, but as far as safety goes you would still need to individually moderate each post as people can find ways to bypass this pause by breaking the link down into pieces. Especially as the site and community grow, it will be increasingly more difficult to try and moderate each and every link sent. Maybe a good meantime fix would be just to have some blacklisted websites for moderation, such as google drive or dropbox to make sure the links don’t have anything suspicious attached.

One last thing is that the new download process feels… “clunky”. As opposed to before where one would go to the instrument page of choice, click the pianobook download and then the wetransfer one (2 clicks after the instrument page), it now takes 5. It is nice that we can see a download history, but unless you have plans to include paid instruments in the future I don’t really the need for the entire checkout process in its current length. My guess is that this is sort of an feature / artifact of the new and more scalable host (WordPress? Squarespace? I forget which…) and sort of how their default product / shop system works. I wouldn’t be disappointed if this is how downloads would have to remain working, but I would be excited if there was a way to optimize this.

Follow Pianobook