Home Forums Pianobook Say hello! (New Community Members Thread) Reply To: Say hello! (New Community Members Thread)

Participant

Greetings!
Espen from Norway here. Long time lurker, thought I’d join and contribute a little bit. I’ve been a musician all my life, mostly on stage, but the studio is really where I’m at home, I love the creative process. I come from a prog metal background as a keyboard player, and I’ve transitioned into electronic music where anything goes. A sort of metal/synthwave/orchestral landscape, where the glossy reverby sounds of the 80’s combine with more gritty dystopian electronic drum ‘n’ bass sounds, metal drums, modular synths and whatever I can think of. These are my personal musical journeys. I do so many different things. A big part of it is sound design, I’ve always enjoyed making my own sounds, I always felt a little lazy when someone told me “I know that preset”.
Well, now I use the same Serum presets as all the cool kids, but they tend to take a trip out of the computer, through some weird gear and resampled multiple ways. I have huge folders of my personal sounds. A personal favourite is all sorts of junk around the house, often recorded with contact mics.

Thought I’d start with something that leans a little towards the orchestral sound, which is my own guitar and bass orchestra. I haven’t found any sample libraries with that kind of stuff. Maybe others will find a use for it too.

Instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.

Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.

Follow Pianobook