Home Forums Pianobook Say hello! (New Community Members Thread) Reply To: Say hello! (New Community Members Thread)

Emil G.Emil G.
Participant

Hello new forum world! Emil G. here, Canada’s foremost unknown composer 🙂

http://www.saltspringstudios.ca

I am primarily a piano player, but also a closet cellist, part-time string player (harp, root, ukulele, violin, bass and others). I am a player of many, master of none.

My first love was recording, way back when all we had was tape. No such thing as a DAW, just a desk. No surprise I was into early experimental electronic music and am happy I could add a few analogue synths to the mix, Moog and Dave Smith (before Dave got Sequential back). Would have liked to play a Buchla, but never had the chance. Maybe someday.

I am nontraditional and believe music should be listen to from beginning to end as the composer intended. I enjoy and add to my vinyl record collection, listening daily, if I can.

I have recently got back into quadraphonic production. This was a big thing in the late 60s and early 70s. It is really making a comeback.The tech has gotten so much better now and is compatible with most modern surround playback systems. I love being able to extract surround information from stereo masters. BYW, Music By 300 Strangers sounds amazing in Quadraphonic.

Enough of an introduction. I look forward to reading all of yours. And contributing more samples and demos to this project.

Thanks for the oppertunity.

– Emil

Instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.

Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.

Follow Pianobook