Reply To: Say hello! (New Community Members Thread)

Home Forums Pianobook Say hello! (New Community Members Thread) Reply To: Say hello! (New Community Members Thread)

Participant

Hello!

New to the piano book community. Endless thanks to the time and effort that you all have thrown into these instruments! What an incredible resource!

I’m a journalist and radio producer living in Asheville, North Carolina in the US. I used to make music for a living before falling into a career in journalism and culinary writing and development. But when I was given a radio show to produce, I started composing again and ended up making music and rebuilding my old studio.

I’ve always believed that it shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg to produce quality, professional music. I ditched ProTools a few years ago for Logic — vowing never to use subscription model software. Built most of the software side of my studio with freeware soft synths and samplers, occasionally splurging on a Black Friday here and there for something necessary. So this kind of community is exactly what I’m looking for!

If you’d like to hear the kind of stuff I make, I released a new album in January; songs drawn from 8 years as a reporter writing about poverty and hunger in my pocket of the US, and the people struggling to survive in cut-throat modern America. You can hear it here:

Just wanted to say hello and give a big THANK YOU to all of the contributors who have helped to build this incredible database of quality instruments!

Follow Pianobook